I believe in God, the Father Almighty; and in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord, who was born by the Holy Spirit of the Virgin Mary, who under Pontius Pilate was crucified, and buried.
On the third day rose again from the dead. He ascended into Heaven and sits at the right hand of the Father. From thence he will come to judge the living and the dead. And in the Holy Spirit, the holy Church, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, the life everlasting. Amen
5 Solas of the Reformation
- Sola Scriptura (by Scripture alone) – The Bible is the only Word from God without error.
- Sola Gratia (by grace alone) – Salvation is only by grace and not a result of works.
- Sola Fide (by faith alone) – Justification is only received by faith in Jesus Christ.
- Solo Christo (by Christ alone) – Christ is the only mediator between God and man.
- Soli Deo Gloria (glory to God alone) – Only God is worthy of our worship and not man.
N.A.E. Statement of Faith
- We believe the Bible to be the inspired, the only infallible, authoritative Word of God.
- We believe that there is one God, eternally existent in three persons: Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ, in His virgin birth, in His sinless life, in His miracles, in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood, in His bodily resurrection, in His ascension to the right hand of the Father, and in His personal return in power and glory.
- We believe that for the salvation of lost and sinful people, regeneration by the Holy Spirit is absolutely essential.
- We believe in the present ministry of the Holy Spirit by whose indwelling the Christian is enabled to live a godly life.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost; they that are saved unto the resurrection of life and they that are lost unto the resurrection of damnation.
- We believe in the spiritual unity of believers in our Lord Jesus Christ.
N.A.E. Statement of Faith copyright © 1942 by National Association of Evangelicals.